On 5 September 2022, KIC (Korea Innovation Center) Europe hosted a celebration event named “Open House Day” to commemorate the 5th anniversary of its establishment in Berlin, Germany. The event was comprised of two sessions: Open House Day, and K-Innovation Club (a community that connects Korean entrepreneurs across Europe) Forum.
On this auspicious occasion, over 100 Excellencies, honorable speakers, guests of honor from the Ministry of Science and ICT of Korea, Berlin Senator Schwarz’s Office, National Research Foundation of Korea, German Federal Association for Economic Development and Foreign Trade (BWA) e.V., Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Berlin, Federal Ministry for Economics and Climate Action (BMWK), Korean and European entrepreneurs across Europe, and other distinguished group of delegates attended the event.
The Director-General, Dr. Jongwoon Hwang commenced the celebration by delivering welcome remarks: “I am extremely proud to announce that the exchanges and collaborations between Korea and Europe have been continuously enhanced under the global framework and initiatives led by Korea Innovation Center Europe. We look forward to making and achieving new benchmarks in the field together by deepening the practical cooperation between Europe and Korea.”
Congratulatory speeches were also delivered by:
– Mr. Yun Kyu Park, Vice Minister, Korean Ministry of Science and ICT;
– Ms. Vera Philipps, Head of Office, Berlin Senate for Economic Affairs, Energy & Public Enterprise;
– Dr. Yung Chul Kim, Secretary General, National Research Foundation of Korea;
– Prof. Dr. Hyun Ock Cho, Ambassador, Korean Embassy to Germany;
– Dr. Michael Scherz, Head, ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA Deutschland;
– Mr. Lionel Grotto, CEO, Choose Paris Region;
– Ms. XJ Zhang, Regional Manager, Vienna Business Agency; and
– Dr. Stefan Drews, Regierungsdirektor, The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK).