2018 PR Video
Daniel Lindemann Interview
2016 Final Winner Interview
The driving idea behind this project is to endorse the inflow of promising foreign startups interested in the Korean or the broader Asian market through a global startup acceleration programme followed by a Domestic Settlement Programme. This project gives startups the opportunity:
- To expand into the Asian market through Korea, thereby using this country as a foothold for their international cooperation in Asia
- To be exposed to large Korean corporations such as Samsung, Hyundai, LG or SK, etc.
- To receive mentoring and financial support in order to grow their business in Asia
※Below points should be prioritized, but do not need to be categorized.
40 winning team will be given a special financial package, which consists in:
- A common grant for all 40 teams (about $22K)
- Additional grants for the top 4 teams (from $6K to $100K)
- Potential equity investment from Korean accelerators
* These dates are subject to change
May – June
- All applications will be collected and screened
- The top 80 startups will be selected from global auditions and invited to Korea
- 10 startups out of the 80 teams will be composed of Korean track;
- Overseas Korean, including both Korean nationals living abroad and Korean with foreign citizenship
- Returning Korean Students who have earned an Associate’s degree or higher from a foreign university
Location in the European Region
>>London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin<<
June – July
- 80 startups will be selected to join a 3.5months Accelerating program during which they will receive:
- A free office space
- 1-on-1 mentors
- Information sessions on Korean and Asian business culture, as well as specific
- Business topics (e.g. patents, accounting, regulations, tax laws, etc.)
- Access to regular networking sessions
- Exposure to Korean major companies such as Samsung, LG, Hyundai Motors, KT, Kakao, and Naver. Selected teams will be able to interact with these companies through conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Support for living & daily expenditure : $3,180/month/team
- Up to two members per team
- The expenditure will be covered in Korean Won
>> Location: Pangyo Valley, Seoul (South Korea) <<
August – November
- Final Demoday at the end of the acceleration program
- Korean and foreign investors will be invited
- The 40 remaining teams will be participating in this event
>> Location: Seoul (South Korea) <<
APPLY NOW !
- Are you an early-stage startup or a scale-up?
- Are you looking to expand into Asia?
- Do you have a disruptive innovation in the IoT, software, smart devices, cloud, 5G or big data sectors?
The K-Startup Grand Challenge Brochure
The Ministry of SMEs and Startups(MSS) is a government organization whose objective is to strengthen competitiveness and support innovation of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Micro Enterprises (MEs). MSS’s mission is to develop and implement government policies over the following three areas; promoting of business growth, fostering business startups, and supporting micro enterprises.
The National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA) is an organization operated by the South Korean government that supports the country’s competitiveness of the IT industry through policy research and development support, and supporting international exchange, cooperation, and overseas expansion related to the IT industry.